عضویت : چهارشنبه ۱۳۹۹/۷/۲ - ۲۱:۱۶

پست: 2

سپاس: 2

Re: chat

پست توسط arwen20 »

Paradoxy نوشته شده:
یک‌شنبه ۱۳۹۶/۱۰/۳ - ۱۶:۳۰
i want to improve my english in term of making conversation so:

i guess it's not a good thing to want quiet for the whole world, it's because in the end we as some living creatures live with struggling in any aspect which u can imagine. let me make some example and clear things up, why on the earth peoples play games? what's the point of it? isn't it just our desire to struggle even more? why would people go after any adventure which they like more? i mean even seeing a show or reading a story book can be considered as our desire for adventure right? behind every adventure u see some struggle, some things which is not peacefull at all, on the contrary it is escaping from peaceful world which all things stand still. a constant peace needs no motion, no struggle, nothing at all. it can't be good at all, this world would be rotten in that case. u see, if there were no struggling for making peace, then in my opinion peace would not that good in humans eye like now. I am not saying that u should not want peace or rather don't permit peace to be in the world. i am just saying meaning of calmness comes from struggle
well actually about playing games, in my opinion we do that because most of the times we're running from something in our lives, I don't know about the others though, I do it to distract myself from overthinking.. and it sometimes works.. then I regret it.. because I realize that I wasted a lot of time
I don't know maybe it's not wasting time
maybe our brain needs some time to just deal with all the things that it's been through
I didn't really understand what you said
I'm interested in talking to you though

Paradoxy

عضویت : دوشنبه ۱۳۹۳/۱۰/۲۲ - ۲۲:۱۷

پست: 2211

سپاس: 1012

پست توسط Paradoxy »

Oh my my, I wrote that 3 years ago and now that I saw it, I can't stop laughing, I mean not at my opinion but at my linguistic understanding. Back then my vocabulary and grammar were totally awful. Not that I am really better now, but as a self thought person I am proud. Anyway back to topic:
arwen20 نوشته شده:
چهارشنبه ۱۳۹۹/۷/۲۳ - ۲۰:۱۳
well actually about playing games, in my opinion we do that because most of the times we're running from something in our lives, I don't know about the others though, I do it to distract myself from overthinking.. and it sometimes works.. then I regret it.. because I realize that I wasted a lot of time
maybe our brain needs some time to just deal with all the things that it's been through
It's true, sometimes I play games too, although nowadays I rarely find opportunity. I like intellectual games, like chess, card games, etc.
Even though we play games to distract ourselves, or just for the sake of fun of it, still I think we are not seeking peace or anything like that. Sure, games offer a nice way to escape from our realistic, boring yet mandatory repetitive daily life but they are not totally relaxing, I mean we can lose right? When we are playing games, we are struggling to win, and that's why I had said we desire struggling, we can not rest in peace unless we actually die (pun intended). Yes, we do waste our time by playing games but they are not totally useless. Games made my typing a lot faster. Some of them improved my English too. And some of them were just fun. I don't regret wasting my time on them at all. What's of point of living without fun, anyway?

arwen20

پست توسط arwen20 »

Paradoxy نوشته شده:
پنج‌شنبه ۱۳۹۹/۷/۲۴ - ۰۱:۰۲
Oh my my, I wrote that 3 years ago and now that I saw it, I can't stop laughing, I mean not at my opinion but at my linguistic understanding. Back then my vocabulary and grammar were totally awful. Not that I am really better now, but as a self thought person I am proud. Anyway back to topic:
arwen20 نوشته شده:
چهارشنبه ۱۳۹۹/۷/۲۳ - ۲۰:۱۳
It's true, sometimes I play games too, although nowadays I rarely find opportunity. I like intellectual games, like chess, card games, etc.
Even though we play games to distract ourselves, or just for the sake of fun of it, still I think we are not seeking peace or anything like that. Sure, games offer a nice way to escape from our realistic, boring yet mandatory repetitive daily life but they are not totally relaxing, I mean we can lose right? When we are playing games, we are struggling to win, and that's why I had said we desire struggling, we can not rest in peace unless we actually die (pun intended). Yes, we do waste our time by playing games but they are not totally useless. Games made my typing a lot faster. Some of them improved my English too. And some of them were just fun. I don't regret wasting my time on them at all. What's of point of living without fun, anyway?
I like the fact that you improved your English by self study like me
I'm from those kind of people who don't understand anything by sitting in the class and listening to teacher
I like learning whatever I want to learn by myself
would you introduce some good games by the way? smile019

Paradoxy

پست توسط Paradoxy »

The problem with self studying is that it doesn't improve your speaking that much, sure you can read a lot of books, but in a real conversation you don't have enough experience to talk.
Well, like I said I rarely find opportunity to play games, so I really can't suggest anything in particular right now unfortunately.

نمایه کاربر
XIV

عضویت : جمعه ۱۳۹۸/۹/۱۵ - ۲۱:۱۸

پست: 134

سپاس: 15

پست توسط XIV »

Paradoxy نوشته شده:
جمعه ۱۳۹۹/۷/۲۵ - ۱۹:۱۹
The problem with self studying is that it doesn't improve your speaking that much, sure you can read a lot of books, but in a real conversation you don't have enough experience to talk.
Well, like I said I rarely find opportunity to play games, so I really can't suggest anything in particular right now unfortunately.
?hello Paradoxy! I sent you two private messages this week, did you get it

Paradoxy

پست توسط Paradoxy »

Yes I did, but I am kind of afraid of opening them. Most of the time you ask hard questions which needs a lot of thinking or explanations, and it's rude to read them and leave them with no answer. So I have left them as they are now.

نمایه کاربر
XIV

عضویت : جمعه ۱۳۹۸/۹/۱۵ - ۲۱:۱۸

پست: 134

سپاس: 15

پست توسط XIV »

?Does this mean that our private class is over forever

Paradoxy

پست توسط Paradoxy »

lol private class smile139, no not really. I am really busy, and work makes me very tired so I come to hupaa to ease my pain for a bit. When I become free again I will check them too.

arwen20

پست توسط arwen20 »

Paradoxy نوشته شده:
جمعه ۱۳۹۹/۷/۲۵ - ۱۹:۱۹
I talk to myself and it works
try it

Paradoxy

پست توسط Paradoxy »

Ikr? I even think in English. In my dreams (If i see any) I hear English conversations, which was hilarious at beginning but it's normal now. But despite all of these things, I become somewhat embarrassed while I am talking English. My problem is talking about something without thinking about it. That is, impromptu talking is my weak point

arwen20

پست توسط arwen20 »

it's weird how I feel like I can't express some of my feelings in persian anymore
they have to be said in english lol
anyway
are you a physician?
or a mathematician?
or a programmer?
I'm just curios
I'm waiting for my konkur results these days
it's getting boring

smile019 by the way I like the fact that you can answer every question they ask
I like physics and mathematics and I've started learning python too
however I know in order to be successful I only have to choose one of them
it's so hard trying to figure out who I am and what I really want

Paradoxy

پست توسط Paradoxy »

are you a physician?
or a mathematician?
or a programmer?
I'm just curios
I'm waiting for my konkur results these days
it's getting boring
I think you mean "physicist" right? physicians are doctors who work at hospital. I study physics in university. But as a theoretical physicist you can say I am more like a mathematician. Writing essays needs lots of programming, that is, you can not solve a real modern physics problem without programming. So I became good at programming naturally.
smile019 by the way I like the fact that you can answer every question they ask
That's Google's power, just ask a question from it and it will pop up the right answer, usually in Wikipedia. I wonder why people don't search easy questions.
I like physics and mathematics and I've started learning python too
however I know in order to be successful I only have to choose one of them
it's so hard trying to figure out who I am and what I really want
I don't think that you have to. As a physicist you will have to deal with 3 of them at the same time. Unless you choose programming as your main carrier, eventually you will need all of them together.

arwen20

پست توسط arwen20 »

yeah I meant physicist lol
the problem is that I don't really know what I want but I'll figure it out anyway
all of them are beautiful
did you choose physics because you knew that you were meant to be a physicist?
I mean like you were always interested in physics?
or it was just by accident..?
I'm just asking these questions out of curiosity .. so if any of them are inappropriate just ignore them ..

Paradoxy

پست توسط Paradoxy »

Nah I didn't know untill some special events happened to me. When I was in elementary school, I had decided to study archeology, mythology to be exact. I really liked greek and Egyptian gods, I wanted to know everything about their legend, their status, etc. When I went to middle school however, everything was changed dramatically.
It's funny how my viewpoint changed by Ben 10, a rather old sci-fi animation. The protagonist of this show, Ben Tennyson, could transform himself to aliens. He could do that with Omnitrix, a futuristic watch which was invented by alien's technology. I was so interested in Omnitrix that I decided to invent it myself in real world. I studied a lot of complex books, which I couldn't understand completely but I was able to get a gist of them. Interestingly enough, in theory, if we change genomes in a controlled environment, we will be able to transform our physical body to other beings (of course in practice we will die in process). So I become interested in biology untill the beginning of the last year of middle school. In the meantime I was dealing with philosophical questions, like what means to be a human or does God actually exist?

What made me choose physics in the end? Well ... I was really bad at memorising weird names (which you find a lot in biology). In Ben 10 a new character was introduced who could travel in space and time. His name was "Professor Paradox". When I saw this guy, I was like meh, it's cool but it is impossible. However I started to search about time traveling. That's, in real physics. And surprisingly enough, I found special relativity, which allows some kind of time traveling. I was so intrigued that I couldn't stop reading. Of course, just like biology I started reading in the hard way. I chose academic books like Resnik to understand special relativity. Well relativity made me to search about other things, like the begining of universe, black boles, etc. Some of my philosophical questions were answered too (of course my philosophical viewpoint has changed many times, so it was not the end of my questions). In matter of less than two years, I was so interested in physics that I couldn't think of anything elss. After konkur, in the process of choosing fields (انتخاب رشته) I only chose 11 fields in different universities, all of them being physics, nothing else. Well, I think my choice was right, because I am happy with what I study.

ارسال پست